Create a Custom Pachyderm Deployment¶
Pachyderm provides the
pachctl deploy custom command for creating customized deployments for cloud providers or on-premises use.
This section describes how to use
pachctl deploy custom to create a manifest for a custom, on-premises deployment. Although deployment automation is out of the scope of this section, Pachyderm strongly encourages you to treat your infrastructure as code Deploy On-Premises.
The topics in this section walk you through the process of using the available flags to create the following components of your Pachyderm infrastructure:
- A Pachyderm deployment using StatefulSets.
- An on-premises Kubernetes cluster with StatefulSets configured. It has the standard etcd StorageClass, along with access controls that limit the deployment to namespace-local roles only.
An on-premises MinIO object store with the following parameters:
- SSL is enabled.
- Authentication requests are signed with the S3v4 signatures.
- The endpoint is
- The access key is
- The secret key is
- The S3 bucket name is
After configuring these parameters, you save the output of the invocation to a configuration file that you can later use to deploy and configure your environment. For the purposes of our example, all scripts in that hypothetical infrastructure work with YAML manifests.
Complete the steps described in the following topics to deploy your custom environment:
- Before You Begin
- Pachyderm Deployment Manifest
- Configuring Persistent Disk Parameters
- Configuring Object Store
- Create a Complete Configuration
- Additional Flags