Gcloud cluster setup¶
In order to develop pachyderm against a gcloud-deployed cluster, follow these instructions.
First follow the general setup instructions.
Setup Google Cloud Platform via the web
- login with your Gmail or G Suite account
- click the silhouette in the upper right to make sure you're logged in with the right account
- get your owner/admin to setup a project for you (e.g. YOURNAME-dev)
- then they need to go into the project > settings > permissions and add you
- hint to owner/admin: its the permissions button in one of the left hand popin menus (GKE UI can be confusing)
- you should have an email invite to accept
- click 'use google APIS' (or something along the lines of enable/manage APIs)
- click through to google compute engine API and enable it or click the 'get started' button to make it provision
Then, locally, run the following commands one at a time:
gcloud auth login gcloud init # This should have you logged in / w gcloud # The following will only work after your GKE owner/admin adds you to the right project on gcloud: gcloud config set project YOURNAME-dev gcloud compute instances list # Now create instance using our bash helper create_docker_machine # And attach to the right docker daemon eval "$(docker-machine env dev)"
Setup a project on gcloud
- go to console.cloud.google.com/start
- make sure you're logged in w your gmail account
- create project 'YOURNAME-dev'
Now that you have gcloud, just do:
gcloud components update kubectl # Now you need to start port forwarding to allow kubectl client talk to the kubernetes service on GCE portfowarding # To see this alias, look at the bash_helpers kubectl version # should report a client version, not a server version yet make launch-kube # to deploy kubernetes service kubectl version # now you should see a client and server version docker ps # you should see a few processes
Pachyderm cluster deployment¶